Building your eCommerce store is undeniably complicated and time-consuming. Digital marketing and technology continually evolve making it a challenge to keep up.
eCommerce companies need everything from loyalty programs to split-testing and conversion optimization to functionality. It’s easy to see how development costs of complex but vital software can add up.
One of BigCommerce’s best selling points is its extensive app store featuring hundreds of applications from live chat to accounting software. They are easy to integrate with just a few clicks.
Even enterprise-level retailers can save many hours of development time with a simple app. For example, one retailer uses a BigCommerce integration to sell all of their returns through eBay from a single location.
With so many choices, which ones are right for you?
In this post, we’re going to look at the top seven essential BigCommerce marketing apps. They help regardless of how big your store or which market you serve. Each one has the potential to positively impact your user engagement, spread your brand awareness, conversions, and ultimately, the bottom-line.
1. Klaviyo, Intuitive Email Marketing Platform
Klaviyo is a robust email marketing platform designed for enterprise eCommerce retailers. It’s made up of a suite of tools for sending, tracking, and automating marketing emails.
Its features include:
- Segmentation of email lists using many on and off-site variables for advanced targeting.
- Functionality to run different campaigns based on data about your visitors’ behavior, including order histories, nearly-completed purchases and more.
- In-depth analytics that makes it possible to gauge the direct ROI of your email marketing campaigns, right down to the final purchase.
Klaviyo is helping high volume BigCommerce stores accelerate sales with better marketing. We put ALL of a merchant's customer data at their fingertips and let them use it to target, personalize, and automate email and social ad campaigns. By using more data to send relevant content, merchants are sourcing between 18% - 32% of their quarterly store revenue from their email channel. Providing this level of value for growing brands is what the Klaviyo team lives for.
Parker McMahon, Channel Marketing Manager
There is no easier way to track, target, and engage as many segments as you want to make.
2. Justuno, a Complete Solution for Conversion Optimization
Where Klaviyo aims to help you improve the performance of your email marketing, Justuno is all about improving conversions at all stages of your funnel.
The app comes with a range of tools for adding new elements to your store pages and emails such as:
- Lead capture forms and pop-ups (e.g., exit pop-ups to limit cart abandonment).
- Enterprise level targeting and segmentation.
- Smart promotions based on customer behavior.
- A/B split-testing.
Justuno focuses on maximizing value from existing website traffic. Speaking to visitors with on-site messaging and powerful integrations increases ROI from each step of the funnel. Use our powerful Conversion Analytics for a deeper understanding of how to optimize your website's funnel conversion!
Ben Choy, Demand Marketing
Justuno easily integrates with most email apps as well as eCommerce platforms like BigCommerce
3. Refersion Makes Running an Affiliate Program a Snap
If you’ve ever thought about launching an affiliate program but were put off by the size of the task, then you’ll love Refersion. Use this app to build, tailor, and measure all aspects of an affiliate program. It minimizes the complexity and set-up costs by automating tasks like commissions and payments.
Here are some of the best features:
- Track affiliate sales on your site.
- Automated approval and commission payments.
- Affiliate sign-up and portal builder.
- Analytics and reporting.
- Access to 24/7 support.
Refersion is designed to help you quickly create and launch your own promotion network. We handle all the heavy lifting, allowing you to focus on growing your business through partnerships with bloggers, influencers, ambassadors, and promoters.
Alex Markov, CEO
Grow sales and drive leads with an affiliate marketing program. They claim you can have it up and running in 7 minutes. Watch their video to learn more.
4. Swell Rewards Builds Loyalty Programs
We’ve covered email marketing, conversion optimization, and affiliate marketing. But what about loyalty programs?
Due to the high cost of advertising, online retailers understand the importance of keeping their customers happy so they will come back.
Swell Rewards is an easy-to-use app that allows you to reward your customers for a variety of actions. It’s ideal for enterprise-level retailers with high volume.
In particular, it enables you to:
- Easily enroll visitors into a loyalty program.
- Automate rewards for purchases and referrals.
- Create, advertise, and monitor rewards from a simple dashboard.
- Run unique loyalty promotions based on seasonality, buying holidays, etc.
- Any messaging on their referral programs can be deployed with or without a loyalty program.
Swell's loyalty and referral programs are customized for each merchant to create an on-brand and seamless UX
Stewart Wesley, Partnerships Lead
Swell has a unique suite of products to design an incentive marketing program. They have the tools to increase customer acquisition, retention, and lifetime value.
5. ViralSweep, A Time-Saving Tool for Encouraging Sharing
ViralSweep inspires “viral behavior” among your customers by making it easy to run promotions both on your website and social media platforms.
It enables you to:
- Launch and manage sweepstakes, contests, instant wins, referral campaigns, hashtag promotions, and much more.
- Run competitions that require submissions of user-generated content (like photography contests) and automatically share that content to social media.
- Collect entries via hashtags on third-party platforms like Facebook.
- Create networking, co-promotional and influencer marketing opportunities.
- Integrates with over 40 different tools, CRM’s and email marketing platforms.
ViralSweep allows any company to get a promotion up and running on their website within minutes. Generate traffic, entries, and social engagement with easy to use plug and play software. Any marketer can set up a fully compliant promotion without needing a developer. Collect emails to displaying user generated content in a gallery, aggregate hashtags, and incentivize users with entries for completing social actions. ViralSweep is the one tool you should be using for your marketing campaigns.
Giancarlo Massaro, Co-Founder
ViralSweep lets you run multiple promotions on multiple-channels to maximize traffic and grow your email list
6. YotPo, Best Customer Content Collection Platform
YotPo is one of the most popular all-in-one UGC platforms on the web, and for a good reason. You can use it to:
- Collect every type of content (reviews, images, Q&A).
- Display that content on-site in order to boost CVR.
- Leverage the user-generated content to create promotional materials, like Facebook ads or Instagram posts, with just a few clicks.
- Automate interpretation of all this data to deliver customer insights in order to measure product and customer service performance.
The world of eCommerce is changing. In order for brands to succeed in this space, it is necessary to develop a community and stay on top of customer feedback. This allows merchants to improve products and customer services in a proactive way. Our goal is to help brands generate large amounts of user-generated content and enable them to organize it in an actionable manner. This community and content will help your brand acquire traffic, increase on-site conversions and build an effective go-to-market strategy around UGC in all forms.
Max Meister Admoni, US Partnerships
Through Yotpo's partnership with Google, all content will be automatically indexed, in order to improve organic search ranking and power your AdWords campaign with Google Seller Rating.
7. InstantSearch+, Accurate Site Search Functionality
InstantSearch+ is a simple site search integration for eCommerce stores. It has some great features, including:
- Auto-complete, auto-correct, and synonyms search to find the correct item regardless of misspellings.
- Utilizing machine learning and natural language for better search results.
- Analyzes big data of real-time shopper behavior to generate accurate product recommendations.
- Segmented offers based on geo-targeting and dates (such as holidays and special promotions.)
- Customizable search results to promote specific products.
If your current eCommerce site search solution isn’t cutting it, your bottom line is probably at a mere 40% of its true potential. Give your shoppers what they need and deserve: A stellar site and an efficient, intuitive way to find what they want to buy.
Zohar Gilad, CEO and Co-Founder
If you haven’t already added search functionality to your store, you could be missing out on some of your highest-converting visitors. Used by most big eCommerce players, InstantSearch+ creates a positive shopping experience, helping you sell more.
BigCommerce has the Apps and Experts to Maximize Your Sales
Add value to your business by beginning with these seven apps from the BigCommerce app store.